2. Andrew Mumford Proxy Warfare, Cambridge, Polity Press, 2013.
3. Amos C. Fox, In Pursuit of a General Theory of Proxy Warfare, USA: The Institute of land warfare at the association of the United States army, 2019. https://www.ausa.org/sites/default/files/publications/LWP-123-In-Pursuit-of-a-General-Theory-of-Proxy-Warfare.pdf
4. Moza Al Abbar, The Absurd Time and the Proxy War, Emirati newspaper, Al Bayan, 11/24/2019
5. Maxim Worcester, Putin’s Proxy Warfare Strategy, Issue No. 282, August 2014, Berlin, ISPSW Strategy Series: Defense and International Security https://www.files.ethz.ch/isn/182503/282_Worcester.pdf
6. Khalif Mustafa Gharaibeh, Aspects of the Historical Geography of the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939), Cannes Historical Journal, Issue 5, September 2009.
7. Trajan Shipley, How can we understand proxy war strategy, Non Post, 2017
8. Bilal Karbulut, Proxy Warfare in Ukraine, the Journal of Defense Sciences, 2018, Vol. 17, 1.
9. Michel D. Wyss, Iranian Proxy Warfare in Iraq and Yemen, International Institute for Counter-Terrorism, 2016. https://www.ict.org.il/UserFiles/ICT-Rag-Iranian-Proxy-Wyss.pdf
10. Candace Rondeaux and David Sterman, David, Twenty-First Century Proxy Warfare; Confronting Strategic Innovation in a Multipolar World Since the 2011 NATO Intervention. USA: New America, 2019. https://d1y8sb8igg2f8e.cloudfront.net/documents/Twenty-First_Century_Proxy_Warfare_Final.pdf
11. Muhammad Al-Amleh, Proxy War, Shot Tanween Magazine, No. 32, 1/1/2017
12. Pavel V. Konyukhovskiy and Theocharis Grigoriadis, Proxy wars, 2018, Berlin, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics, https://www.econstor.eu/bitstream/10419/175882/1/1016108230.pdf
13. Merel Martens; ‘What kind of war is this?’ Exploring the case for a post-post-proxy war definition International, International Relations in historical perspective – Master thesis, 2017.
14. Bertil Duner, Proxy Intervention in Civil wars. Journal of Pease Research. 1981, Vol. 18, 4.
15. Andrew Mumford, Proxy Warfare and the Future of Conflict. The RUSI Journal. 2013
16. Sami Bayoumi, Proxy Wars: Will It Become a Distinguishing Feature for the Twenty-first Century, Al-Watan Magazine, UAE Army, 1/2/2016 http://bit.ly/358oJbf
17. Gregory D. Stone, Proxy War: A Critical Examination of Superpower Indirect Conflict in Africa. Winnipeg: Faculty of Graduate Studies, Department of Political Studies, University of Manitoba-Master Thesis, 2010.
18. Isabelle Lasier, will the proxy war be the future of wars in the world? Gulf News website. June 5, 2019 http://bit.ly/2pujJ1I
19. Safril Hidayat and Wawan Gunawan, Proxy War and Indonesia’s National Security: Victoria Concordia Crecit, Journal Pertahanan & Bela Negara, April 2017, Vol. 1.
20. Michel D. Wyss, Iranian Proxy Warfare in Iraq and Yemen, Submission to the Regions Scholarship 2015/2016, April 1, 2016. https://www.ict.org.il/UserFiles/ICT-Rag-Iranian-Proxy-Wyss.pdf
21. Bashir Sabhan Ahmed, The position of international law against proxy or proxy war (fourth generation wars), Tikrit University Journal of Law, Tikrit University, Year 3, Issue 2, 2019.
22. Alex Marshall, from civil war to proxy war: history and current dilemmas. Small Wars & Insurgencies. 2016, Vol. 27, 2 https://doi.org/10.1080/09592318.2015.1129172
23. Mehdi Rais, Syrian crisis: a proxy war, 2013, Le Journal International,
24. Muriel Asseburg and Heiko Wimmen, a Civil War in Syria. Berlin: Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik, German Institute for International and Security Affairs SWP, 2013.
25. Ian Bremmer, These 5 Proxy Battles Are Making Syria's Civil War Increasingly Complicated. 2018, Time, https://time.com/5162409/syria-civil-war-proxy-battles/
26. Seth G Jones, War by Proxy: Iran’s Growing Footprint in the Middle East. Center for Strategic and International Studies, 2019. http://bit.ly/32Sftqj .
27. Daniel L. Byman, Why engage in proxy war? A state’s perspective, Monday, May 21, 2018. Brookings, 21 may 2018. https://brook.gs/2Kts113
28. David Sterman, How Do We Move Beyond 'Proxy' Paralysis?, 2019, New America, http://bit.ly/2CO1QOk
29. Seth G Jones, War by Proxy: Iran’s Growing Footprint in the Middle East, Center for Strategic and International Studies, 2019, http://bit.ly/32Sftqj
30. Seth Jones, Acting War: Iran's Growing Imprint in the Middle East, Al- Nabaa Network, 2019.
31. Ben Conabel, Jason Campbell and Dan Madden, Expanding and Exploiting the Boundaries to Wage All-Out War, Rand Corporation, California, 2016.
32. Oil and weapons are the most prominent engines: Agency wars in the Middle East. Translation department, 7675, Bahrain, 2017, Al-Ayam Newspaper.
- Abstract viewed - 75 times
- full pdf (العربية) downloaded - 6 times
نوار جليل هاشم
امجد زين العابدين طعمة
الجامعة المستنصرية العراق-بغداد
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Article Metrics Details
Follow us on
Proxy war and the extent of its application in the Arab region
Vol 9 No 1 (2020): v9i1 2020
Submitted: Jun 3, 2020
Published: Jun 29, 2020
Due to the accelerated geopolitical and technological developments to which the international system has been exposed during the past stages, and the increasing complexity and intertwining of conflicts, some types of unconventional wars, foremost (proxy war), have gained increasing exceptional importance, in order for many countries to focus on them in order to achieve their goals and arrange their interests In conflict areas in the countries of the world in general or in the Arab region in particular, or in support or achievement of national security goals for them.
These wars provide, at the present time, the effective means for many countries to interfere in the affairs of other countries, and their types and tools have witnessed several developments, the features of which are spread in more than one place in the world.
And the importance of the subject of the study, and the lack of studies that shed light on it, especially those that dealt with its applications and models in the Arab region, which have witnessed a remarkable escalation in recent times, which requires standing before it and analyzing it, and then setting up scenarios of what it might lead to in the future, in light of The rapid developments taking place.